Teeth whitening enhances the brightness of natural teeth, making it whiter. This whitening will last about 4-12 months, depending on the type of food and drink you consume. Drinking coffee, tea and cola will stain your teeth and therefore shortening the lifespan of the whitening. As always, brushing and flossing regularly will keep your teeth white the longest.
Not everyone is a candidate for teeth whitening. Our dentist will evaluate if teeth whitening is suitable for you. If you have:
- Discolored or sensitive teeth
- White spots or decay on your teeth
- Infected gums
- A bridge, crown, or other dental work (especially involving front teeth)
Whitening may not be suitable for you. Please discuss with our dentist before proceeding. This also includes over the counter whitening material.
Types of Whiteners
If your Dentist agrees that you are a candidate for teeth whitening, you can choose either an over-the-counter teeth whitening kit or a dentist-supervised treatment.
If using an over-the-counter whitening kit, choose one approved by the American Dental Association and follow the directions on its package. Store-bought kits require 7-30 days of consistent use for full effect. Individual results may vary.
Dentist-supervised treatments provide greater tooth whitening results faster than store bought kits. Two types of treatment are available:
- An in-office treatment typically whitens teeth 5-10 shades.
- A dentist-dispensed take home kit
After a thorough exam of your teeth, gums and supporting bone structure, your dentist will tell you whether tooth whitening is a safe option for your smile. If the agreed-upon treatment is an in-office, dentist-supervised treatment, your clinician will:
- Prepare your mouth by covering your lips and gums so that only your teeth are exposed
- Apply a professional-strength whitening gel to your teeth
- Expose your teeth to a special light for 15 minutes to help the gel penetrate and whiten your teeth
- Invite you to watch TV or listen to music as you relax in the chair
- Reapply the gel and light treatment two more times
This is our limited time, promotional special.
Dentist-dispensed Take Home Kit
A dentist-dispensed take home kit contains a higher concentration of whitening agent than a store-bought kit and is as easy to use. You are likely to be more satisfied with the results of a dentist-dispensed kit than by a store-bought kit. We will always be here to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
This is our limited time, promotional special. This cannot be combined with any other special offers.